Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shoes - Need I Say More?

I'm gonna teach you something today.

Yey!

Have you ever found a pair of shoes that you L O V E more than Britney loves Starbucks and hair extensions but they don't fit you *just* right?  Your normal size wouldn't make it past supper let alone 2AM alcohol induced cankles, but the next size up is an asshole and won't stay on your feet. or is it question mark . ? I don't know and I've spent way too much time trying to figure it out.

Anybunion,

I know, right?

I recently picked up these gems that required a little work to fit my feet just right.  If only I were this motivated in everyday tasks or, you know, my job I would be a big WINNER at life.  But I'm not, I'm lazy.  Bummer.

My fave way of 'stretching' shoes just a little so they fit your feet like a glove, or like a sock I guess, is the following technique that I have to admit I did not come up with.  Google came up with it.  *hi5* Google.

Rub alcohol on the insoles to loosen up the leather.  If you don't have rubbing alcohol on hand (like me) spray some body spray on the insides of them since it's like 99% alcohol.

Find your thickest pair of snuggly winter socks and put them on.  Then put your shoes on and prance around the house looking like a dumbass for awhile.


This picture is just too awesome for words.

This should stretch them just enough to be comfortable for like 36 minutes, at least.

I've also used the 'ice' method which sucks balls because it doesn't work for me *but* I've only tried it on faux leather and it's meant for real leather so, whatever, it might work on real but I don't know.

Fill a baggie half full of water.  Stuff it into the front of your shoe.  Put them into the freezer next to the chicken nuggets and Lean Cuisine's.  When frozen, take out and let them chillax for awhile and viola it's supposed to stretch them a little.  Like I said, I haven't had success with this method but you might.

So, there you have it folks.  Teisha's how-to guide on the things that matter in life.  Shoes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh lord, that photo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH EMM GEE THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!
    Alexa is her mother's daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am visiting from SITS! I love the alcohol and socks idea, I have never heard of it before. I have always relied on toughing it out.

    Only recently have I discovered band-aid blister block that helps your foot glide in the shoe and protects against the friction AND since I ran my half marathon, I have come to LOVE body glide. I coat my feet in it...it really helps prevent blisters and redness =)

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!