Tuesday, August 3, 2010

10 Year High School Reunion

Do you remember my thoughts on high school?  No?  You're dead to me.

Last weekend was my 10 year class reunion.

I was not in the least bit excited.

More like 'What in the hell was I thinking when I RSVP'd to this damn thing?  Was I drunk?'  Probably.

I decided I should suck it up and go because I had already sent in my $40 fee there was no reason for me not to go.  I live close by and it might be fun to see everybody and see how much they've changed.  Read:  see if the cute and popular girls are now fat and ugly with back boobs.

The day of the reunion also happened to fall on the same weekend The Hubs had his end of the season slow pitch tournament.  I knew this might be a slight problem.

Josh, you can't play at the 4:00 game because I know you better than you know you and you won't make it back on time to help me and I'm really really nervous and I need you here to help me feed the girls before the babysitter gets here and just be here for me because I'm really nervous so you need to just do this for me.  K?

Sure, no problem honey.  I will be back right after the 1:00 game gets over.

Meanwhile I put the girls down for a nap and pop a Xanax.  Just kidding.  Anybody want to share theirs?

1:30 *Damnit, it's too early to start drinking*

Curl my hair so I can be the hotness tonight, rather than my usual hot mess.

2:00 *Hmmm, is it too early to start drinking?*

2:30 Josh arrives home.

And he has the balls to say....I want to play at the 4:00 game.

*cue teenage style temper tantrum*

What!?  I knew you would do this to me!  You don't care about my *feelings* at all do you?  I'm nervous Josh!  I need you here for support and to help get the girls ready because I need to get myself ready.  You won't get home until the very last minute and you'll waltz your happy ass in here, take a shower, and announce you're ready to go all while I took care of your children and ran around like I had a firecracker up my ass trying to get everything in order.

OK, NBD I don't have to play, I just thought I'd feel you out and see what you thought.

Whatever Josh, the damage is done, you might as well go play now because *clearly* you don't give a shit about me.

No, I don't have to play.  I'm here for you.

Whatever.

I was ready to go about three hours early because I was totally neurotic like always that day, but I managed to bring the hotness.....


And because I know you're all waiting at the edge of your seat to hear how the reunion went.....

It was everything I hoped it would be and less.

We went.  We ate.  We chatted with a few people.  We left.  We called our friends in BFE to see what they were up to and bothered them for the rest of the night.

Good times.  Definitely nothing to be nervous about.

PS - please remind me of this when my 15 year reunion comes around and I'm all, oh maybe I should go and make an appearance.  NO, don't let me do it.  I'm counting on you.  And you.

90210 memories,
Teisha



7 comments:

  1. You looked AMAZING!! As I told you that you would. Did Josh get some new jeans? - they look nice too. That would be a really big deal if he did. I bet you guys were the hottest people there!

    And I am so happy that you told Josh he could not play and you told him he was hurting your feelings, which is exactly what i said to Matt when he said he might skip the twins birthday party for slowpitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love your shoes! You totally brought the hotness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you thank you! Love you long time!

    And no new jeans for Josh he just cleans up well every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't wait to hear about your reunion! Did all the popular girls have back boobs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, class reunions are LAME but you were rockin' the hotness

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous, darling!

    I have avoided every high school reunion thus far. No regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowee! Did you ever bring the hotness! I bet the back-boobed chicks were sooo jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!