Friday, August 6, 2010

To Snip Or Not To Snip

I'm 99.99% sure my uterus is done inhabiting aliens children.  She has packed her bags and is chugging sipping rum punch on the beach surrounded by cabana boys and plenty of sunshine and she isn't looking back.

Hmm, is it weird that I'm now jealy of my uterus?

My big plan was to go on the Mirena dealio after I birthed my second child.  That was a big fat birth control FAIL.  Why, you ask?  Well, let me tell you.  Mirena speaks of rainbows and unicorns and no period devil and hearts rejoicing and five years of sterility without doing any work and and and.  LIES!  All lies.  That stupid bitch Aunt Flo was pointing and laughing, like, three weeks out of the month. *Insert sarcastic 'rock on!' here*  My already nasty teenage looking skin got even worse so I was searching the aisles for pimple cream constantly.  My IQ dropped to the 'short bus' level.  It altered my mood to the point of being bipolar like and I DO NOT need any help in that arena.  I'm crazy enough as it is.

Mirena = crazytown Mom = whole family wanting to crawl into a hole to live with whatever rodents live in holes just to get away from crazytown Mom = no bueno.

Skip to 8 months later.

Um, Mr. Dr. Sir, you know how you told me I would love Mirena?  Well, I don't.  At. All.  As a matter of fact I would like to punch Mirena in the nipples.  Yes, I know that it's *rare* for people to have this reaction but I think that's just what you are paid to say.  So I guess I have to go back on OrthoTrinuisance since abstinence is out of the question. (HI MOM!)

So, now I'm taking 'the pill' everyday and it's such a pain in the ass and it's making me a little murdery which I was trying to get away from for obvious reasons and I think it's about time Josh had to do something in the whole birthing slash, in this case, not birthing pain department.

Josh, I think you should go in and get castrated.

OK honey.

No, I'm serious, I hate having to take the pill everyday because, as we all know, I'm pretty lazy and forgetful and I don't like the side effects of all the hormones.

OK, I'm serious too.  If you're sure we're done having kids let's do it.

But we're so young.  Only 28.  Isn't it, like, against our religion or something to be done having kids this young?  And, what if I die tomorrow and you go find some other hoochie to hump and you decide you want to have a boy?  I'm the one that's done having children because they are a lot of work, yo, and I don't want to get fat again, but I know you'd have more.

I'm perfectly happy with my two girls.

So, anyballs, I'm in a bit of a pickle because I just don't feel right about a permanent solution at this age but on the other hand, like I said before, my uterus is closed for bidness.  Forever.  So, do I just need to get over the fact that we're young and go ahead and *let* him do it?

Sorry if this falls into the holy-crap-this-is-too-much-information category.

Actually, no I'm not sorry.  I would be lying if I said I was sorry and I just can't do that to you.

Much love,
Teisha

11 comments:

  1. DO IT!!! After we have our next baby, before I even LOOK at birth control, Josh is getting SNIPPED!! 2 is pleanty for me, and I DESPISE birth control...i'd have another kid now, if I don't think I'd FREAK OUT, just so we could be done...haha. is that bad?!?! Anyhow good luck, I know it is probably a tough decision for you guys, but I think it is a good one...plus if Josh MUST have another kid, it can be reversed...allthough not easily it can be done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a potentially reversable method? OK, yeah, there is a chance that it won't revert, but I guess it's a chance you take.

    One thing I used and LOVED was the Norplant - 3 years of bliss. No weight gain, no moods, no babies. Then I decided to not renew it and shablam! I remember they said they had a 5-year option, too. Would that be an option? Or is 5 years too often too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you tell Matt about how horrible the pill is? He doesn't understand! I told him it messes with my body! (not to mention I am a total ninkumpoop when it comes to remembering to take it everyday) He said he would get snipped, but I do not want him to yet, since I am destined (cursed :) to have 4 kids (as Megan says :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a tough decision. But if he really, I mean REALLY really wanted to have kids in the future for some reason... I 've heard they can extract the semen surgically shall we say. Yes a big ass needle. But hey childbirth aint no picnic either! So he could share in a little bit of the discomfort of procreating. No biggie!
    I love your writing style! Will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rewind...the old-fashioned IUD. Screw the whole Aunt Flo not visiting for 5 years concept, just not natural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuck me! No shit? The Mirena does all that?

    EVER since I had mine 'installed' I've gotten CRAZIER AND CRAZIER!!! I'm also on my goddamn period forever AND my skin LOOKS like SHIT! And I've NEVER ever had problem skin... EVER!

    Fuck. I'm going to the crotch doc IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had an unexpected c-section to a 10 lb baby girl. Eight weeks later I drove my husband to get snipped. He had no arguement really. He could not compete with 10 lbs of baby (8.5 with first one!) Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say go for it, in meaning that Josh should go for it. You did all the hard stuff and it's no big deal. After I had my two kids, I was OMG you are going to know all my dirty secrets, oh well, here goes, I was 20 and the hubby was 23, so no you two are not too young. It's (meaning doing the nasty) is so much more enjoyable if you aren't worried about a p.g.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do it. If you know you're ready, then do it. And don't let anyone tell you how old you gotta be. I just turned 30 and gave birth to our 2nd child that I wasn't even sure I wanted (Of course I am ecstatic he is here now, but I would have been fine with one too..) I knew I was done the first day the doc asked me if I was interested in getting my tubes tied (scheduled c-section). I said "yes". They freaking asked me every single doc appt (and you know that's a ton when you're prego) and I never let them finish their question before I said "yes, I'm sure. Please write it down in pen and stop asking.." If you know, then you know. No one else is going to pay for the 3rd child and good luck finding a sitter who wants to watch all 3 at the same time, I can hardly find one for 2 :) Visiting from SITS. Have a great day!

    http://itrocks2bmom.blogspot.com/2010/08/more-power.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. BUMMER. Mirena has worked great so far for me. It was the pill that made me crazy town mom after Maddox. I HATE the pill too.

    If you don't want more kids then go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!