Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Alexa's Minute

Dear Diary:

Yesterday was the worst day evuh.

First thing in the morning we had to go to the Dr. for my four year checkup.

I'm a big girl!

Anyways, I was all no big deal and did really good while the Dr. checked my eyes and throat and ears and everything.  Psht easy.

I also got weighed and measured and they finally got off my back about not being tall enough.  Whatever doc I'm perfect, didn't you get the memo?

Everything was going good but for some reason Mom was getting all crazy and yell-y at Avery and me.  I couldn't figure it out, we were just checking everything out and touching the fun gadgets.  Avery also figured out how to escape.  Hehe.

Then, Mom told me I had to get shots.

I begged and pleaded with her to just let us go home but she didn't listen.  I was crying and really scared but she made us stay there.  She's the meanest mom ever.

When the nurse came in Mom put me on the table.  I jumped right off because I just wanted out of there.  Mom picked me up and was talking some jibberish about 'it will be ok, and it won't hurt but a second' and telling me to be brave.  How about you be brave woman and just shut your face.

I think the meany weany nurse finally told her to just sit down and hold on tight.  I was fighting and screaming and crying the whole time.  It hurt really bad.

Afterwards, they told me I did a good job and gave me like seven stickers so that's cool.

Then, we went to the store to get some Tylenol cause Mom said that would make my legs feel better.  She bought this nasty ass stuff that you have to chew up and I hate it.  But I also conned Mom into buy me a Tinkerbell coloring set because my legs were hurting.  She's such a pushover.

After lunch Mom said I had to take a nap because the rest and sleep would help make my legs feel better.  I wanted to watch a movie but she wouldn't let me.  Something about me not sleeping if I watch a movie.  I told her I would but she didn't believe me.  Ugh.

After naps we did get to play outside which was AWESOME.  I drove Avery and I around in the Princess jeep and played with some rotten apples that had fallen off the apple tree.  Mom was gahrossed out.

Then Mom asked if I wanted to parve cumpkins (that's what I called it and Mom laughed every time - I still don't know why).

Did you know to parve a cumpkin you have to clean the insides out?  I didn't either.  After Mom had me pull one handful of gunk out I looked at her and asked 'Are you seewious about this?'  She was.  I told her this was grossing me out and went and washed my hands.  She finished while Avery just scooped the stuff that was on the floor back into the cumpkin.  It was funny watching them.

Then we parved them.  One scary face and one happy face.  I asked Mom if we could put a dress on one.  She just laughed at me.  Whatever.



Winky face must have gotten the last juice box.
BOO!


Later on in the night I was playing with Avery in my room (I'm a nice big sister and let her play with my stuff) and she SHUT MY FINGER IN THE DOOR!  Like, not on the side where the door handle is but on the other side where it pinches really bad.  I scahreamed my head off and Mom came running in.  I was hysterical.  Avery was laughing.  She can be such a little BEEP sometimes.

Anyways, it hurt all. night. long.  I heard Mom talking to Dad about it and she said she wondered if it were broken.  I don't know what that means cause it didn't break off but it hurts when I bend it or move it.  Mom asked me why I had my finger in the door in the first place and I told her 'cause it looked like fun.  Duh.  I suppose she's right, though, and I probably shouldn't do that again.

By the end of the night I told Mom I had had a rough day and I was just ready for bed.  She felt bad for me and told me maybe tomorrow would be a better day.  I sure hope so!

Princess sparkles,
Alexa

8 comments:

  1. Couple of things:

    1) I love the posts where I read and can't see any pictures until I scroll down - especically if the picture is something different than what the top is talking about - yes, I am a nerd!

    2) I think Alexa's journal should be a daily blog - love it! Hope she feels better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, more comments:

    3) This is the very FIRST picture I've ever thought that Alexa looked like you - yes, I am a nerd and I'm crazy!

    4) Avery looks super cute too in this pic. Maybe we shall parve cumpkins on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) I like to keep you on your toes and yes you're a nerd.
    2) Good idea, I may just have to do that.
    2.5) never apologize for more comments...keep 'em coming.
    3) You are crazy because every other person says she's a spitting image of her mother.
    4) Avery thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, I'm dreading the shots this time around. He's old enough to know whats coming and old enough to remember. Great. But, this is the last time right - no more vaccinations???? And, they both need flu shots, but I'm going to wait and do everything at once I believe. Eeeeeeek. Dreading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeh, this is the last go round. That's what I kept promising Alexa yesterday when she said she never wanted to go to the dr. again. We did vaccinations and flu shot all at once - four separate needle pokes. I'da been pissed too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexa-

    I think you are very smart, pretty, and funny. Tell your Mommy to post your diary entries more often. I hope you are feeling better now.

    Your Friend,
    Ms. Wasteland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Teisha!

    I gave you a blog award. :)

    http://thedaysofasahm.blogspot.com/

    Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh this is pure brilliant. Or purely brilliant. Or brilliantly pure. Dang. Let me start over. This is awesome.

    I hope you do this a lot because as I'm sitting here reading I'm getting my hopes up.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!