Wednesday, October 13, 2010

30 Days Kicked My Ass

This is me fading quietly into the background of the 30 days participants.

*waves goodbye*

Hopefully they didn't see me leave.

I should have known I wouldn't have been able to do 30 boring posts in 30 days.  That takes muchos grandes effort.  30 DAYS FAIL.

And besides I wasn't really enjoying reading what I was writing so I imagine you were smashing your head against the wall just wanting it all to end.

But since I am slightly OCD about finishing things I start (Day 12 – something you are OCD about) I couldn't in good conscience just up and quit.



So, I put on my thinking cap and put down my People magazine (Day 14 – a non-fictional book. What?  That counts.) and decided come hell or high water or running out of vodka I was going to finish damnit.


To achieve this I had to quit perusing Express (Day 22 – a website) for a minute and stop daydreaming about a gigantic house on the ocean (Day 15 – your dream house).  Small town, Iowa (Day 24 – where I live) is the place for me, with the exception of the flies and cow poo, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else until the temps drop then I would rather be somewhere else.


Speaking of colder weather here is a fave recipe of mine (Day 21 – a recipe).  Deliciousness.


As you may know, the stove and I are frenemies, but did you know that I can play the piano? (Day 19 – a talent of yours)  So, you cook for me and I'll prolly not play the piano for you but I will bring the booze.  Deal?


We could talk about such insightful things as our goals and aspirations until the booze kicks in and then shit just might get weird.


My short term goal is to find a church we can all be happy and comfortable at (Day 29 – hopes,dreams, plans for the next 365 days).


But, since booze fueled religion discussions should generally be avoided, lets talk about all the stuff I want to get done to my house instead. (Day 20 – a hobby of yours) (Day 30 – a dream for the future beyond the next year) If you come help me paint all the trim and doors and ugly cabinets you can be mah best fran.


I will not bore you with my day to day activities (Day 25 – your day, in great detail) (Day 26 – your week, in great detail) *snorefest* and I will try not to annoy you with my insistent knuckle cracking (Day 27 – my worst habit).


We could listen to some music, just not that one song by Carrie Underwood that I can't think of the name of and I'm too lazy to google it right now that made me cry once or twice (Day 16 – a song that makes you cry (or nearly)).  That would be awkward.


You've already heard me talk about books so I won't put you through that torture again. (Day 13 – a fictional book)


And do you really care about my wedding?  It was like any other wedding, full of the awesome.  (Day 18 – your wedding/future wedding/past wedding)


After marriage generally comes children and the masterpiece crayon drawings that have vomited all over my house are priceless. (Day 17 – an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc))


I managed to not lose any followers during this so thank you everybody.  Let me find a prize for you in my purse.  (Day 28 – what’s in my handbag/purse) There definitely is no money in there, just a bunch of gift cards for places to eat since The Hubs and I never go on dates.  And an assortment of chapsticks/glosses and quite possibly a diaper or two and most definitely dried up Cheerios.  Take your pick.  You'll pass?  Well, don't say I never gave you anything.

We will be back to the regularly scheduled smarty pants blog sometime soon.

Until then,
vodka dreams and unicorn pee
Teisha





3 comments:

  1. LOL! You are awesome. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're effin (wait, I think we can say fuck on this blog)... You're fucking hilarious - and damn creative! However, I liked the daily post... but I guess you're right, maybe the every few day smart ass posts will give me something to look forward to. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! I give you credit for at least trying it. I won't go near that damn challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!