Monday, September 20, 2010

Why I Should Be Nominated For Mother Of The Year, Reason Number Who Even Cares?

Cooking is a sore subject around these parts.  I'm not very good at it and don't really like doing it.

I would eat cereal every night if I could.

If I cook, I clean.  If Hubs microwaves chicken nuggets grills, I get out the potato chips make a side dish and clean.

Also, when I do cook there is always one, usually two, children at my feet (no bueno considering I'm standing at a hot stove holding a pan of frying hamburger,  Dora would tell you that's not very safe, not to mention incredibly annoying).

If I had all the money in the world my first wish would be to hire a full-time good looking (obvi) chef that cooked me delicious meals loaded with carbs and fried stuff that were magically good for me so I didn't get fat, although, if I had all the money in the world I could get daily lipo so there's that.

My second wish would be world peace.  Nope it wouldn't, it would be a live in nanny.  No actually, not that either, I want a pool with a pool boy.  Yeh.

Back to the original point.

Some days, fine like most days, I ask Alexa what she wants for supper because I know what her answer is going to be.  Mac-n-cheese.  I never ever say no.

K, that's cool, you want mac-n-cheese for the 3rd day in a row I can accommodate that because I had a rough day at work (lie!) and I don't feel like whipping up a four course meal that you probably won't eat anyways.

Sometimes she switches it up with pizza and every once in a while she goes nuts and requests sghetti.

Whenever I do get a hair up my ass to produce something semi healthy that requires more than one pan to cook she sits and plays with it and then negotiates with me a fair number of bites she has to take.

Avery on the other hand will devour her plate and Alexa's leftovers.  Pig.

Oh, and we don't have the luxury of take-out since we live in a cornfield.

Sob.

So again, vote for me for Mother Of The Year because I do at least *feed* my children and according to my four year old I make the best mac-n-cheese evuh!

What do your kids get to eat on a nightly basis?

3 comments:

  1. My kids can be pretty picky but they generally eat almost everything that I make. They won't eat any kind of soup or stew unless it's Campbells.

    I'm like you. I could eat cereal or popcorn for dinner but everyone else insists on a meal-meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jase's nightly request is "peanut butter and jelly" - and like you, I never say no :) Because hello, we cover 3 of the food groups! Protein, fruitish, and bread. Then, I warm up some canned veggies sometimes, only to pick them up off the floor, but hey, I attempted :)

    Otherwise, we eat out - A LOT. And they usually eat corn dogs, hot dogs, or pizza.

    Whatev... I think they probably get some sort of balanced meal at the sitters - cuz that's what they're supposed to do - right? (that's my excuse anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my thought - I know they get the good stuff at the babysitter's so that should make up for my lack of abilities/motivation.
    Also, I originally tried to send an email reply but then remembered you don't have a blog therefore no email reply option dealy. I would like to put in a request for a blog of yours to read. Kthnx.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!