Our weekend was filled with camping.
As in, the whole entire family went.
I cried a slightly dramatic cry Saturday night stating that as much as I try to like camping for the good of the family and getting out and having 'fun,' I don't, I despise it. It gives me the major panics and until I get signed up for Xanax I'm throwing in the towel.
Done. camping. until next summer.
Monday I tore apart my bathroom because I got a hair up my ass to paint the disco era wood cupboards, you know, the ones that you just had to have been on some sort of hallucinogen to actually believe looked good. Did you know we only have *one* bathroom in the house? No? One bathroom with no cupboard doors = mom and one year old fighting because she just can't resist to touch everything * an overzealous-wanting-so-badly-to-help-paint four year old. Squared.
Work workitty work work.
Then we all hopped in the truck for a fun filled evening of moving calves off the pasture to our house.
I put on my best Wal-Mart shitkickers and decided I would help
Oh, and until I just glanced at my title I had forgotten the whole point of this post.
I'm blonde, leave me alone.
Monday morning started off with a bang, literally.
Our house got struck by lightning.
After I had a heart attack, died, regained consciousness and Alexa and I ran around the house dramatically waving our arms saying 'oh my gosh, what was that noise!? whatdowedowhatdowedowhatdowedo?' My first instinct was to check the computer. Panic ensues when I see the modem is smoking. Turn on the computer and it has life 'Praise Jesus' but the modem doesn't. Bummer. New modem should be there when I get home from work tonight. That's the fun thing about living in the sticks, you leave your door unlocked and let complete strangers drop things off at your house during the day even though nobody is there and they may or may not be inclined to go through your underwear drawer. Eh, whatever floats their boat as long as my computer is working properly when I get home.
Second thing we checked was the water. I'm like, 12% psychic and I just had a *feeling* it wouldn't work. Another thing about living in the sticks is your source of water comes from a well. No water. Call Josh and tell him about my near death experience and explain to him that he needs to come home pronto and fix everything. Apparently it was just a blown fuse so hopefully we don't have to replace the well because that would suck balls.
Oh, and the washer has become really moody since Mother Nature decided to throw a lightning bolt at my house. It works, but not properly so I may be getting a new washer which does not excite me in the least. All that means is I have to spend lots of money on something that I can't wear on my feet. Boo.
So, camping, painting, farmwork, and getting struck by lightning filled my three day weekend.
How did you spend yours?
So, your Hubs tells the story of moving calves a little differently than you....something like "she's always saying how she WANTS to help" :)
ReplyDeleteI layed on the couch all weekend watching Jersey Shore and Teen Mom. Oh, also some HGTV because that made me feel productive.
ReplyDeleteA few years ago the tree in our front yard was struck by lightening and it scared the pee out of me. Thank goodness it didn't fall on the house.
I'm pretty sure the fact that you got almost hit by lightning defeats whatever anecdote I may have.
ReplyDeletehttp://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/