We only had a slight bump in the road when Avery was born.
Slight bump meaning she only took her pull-up (yes back to pull-ups for a couple weeks because the underwears weren't cutting it during Bringing Home Baby time) off once in the middle of the floor and peed everywhere.
So, anyplumbing, she does still wears a pull-up to bed at night because I don't want to deal with the laundry that would go along with breaking her of the peeing-in-my-pull-up-because-I-can thing we've got going.
The past few mornings there have been lots of *hi5's* and *attagirl's* being given out because she's woken up with a peeless pull-up.
Or so I thought.
This morning she walks into our room gleaming with pride because she has yet again managed to restrain herself from peeing during the night.
*hi5* You're such a good girl Alexa! What a big girl you are! Maybe you can turn four after all, even though I may have threatened to cancel the birthday the other day when you were acting like an idiot.
My words of encouragement and all around happiness came to an abrupt halt when I walked into her room, and smelled urine.
Alexa, why do I smell pee? Have you been switching your pull-up in the morning to a clean one?
She denied the accusation even though I know it to be true. She may be devious enough to change the pull-up but she isn't yet smart enough to get rid of the damning evidence. Sure enough there were a couple soiled (that word gives me hives when used in this context (is there another context?)) pull-ups in her garbage.
She hung her head in shame and mumbled something about not wanting anybody to bother her while she sulked about her life and how mean her mommy is.
Whatever child, I will bother you for as long as you live under my roof and pee in my bed.
******************
On a sorta related side-note
Apparently all this talk about poo and pee is making me famousy
Somebody found my blog by Googling "i had to pee" diapers.
I know, right?
That so rocks my socks off.
If you "i had to pee" diapers person have stuck around and actually read this I just want you to know that you made my heart do a happy dance when I saw your search terms. I hope you ended up finding what you were looking for.
Signed,
Apparently-writes-about-plumbing-issues-too-much
Teisha
I can't believe she changed her pull up so you wouldn't find out! Just wait till she gets older....
ReplyDeleteShe is her mother's daughter. And that so rocks MY socks off! :D
ReplyDeleteA. How many people do you think have found your blog by searching for "mommy needs xanax!"?
ReplyDeleteB. You always knew she was a smart one!