How cool is that? However, whenever anybody asks you how old you're going to be you say 'four andthenmynextbirthdayiwillbefive' so apparently you are more excited about turning five but HOLY CRAP SLOW DOWN.
These past four years have flown by in the blink of an eye and I can't believe I have a walking talking incredibly intelligent yet incredibly snarky four year old.
And by snarky I mean bipolar-diva-make-mom-lose-her-shit-and-go-hide-in-a-corner-sucking-her-thumb.
One minute you are acting like an angel sent from heaven and apologizing to me when I accidentally step on one of the eleventybillion toys that litter your room. Then in an attempt to make my heart explode you move all the other toys out of the way for me to navigate to your bed to give you a good night snuggle.
There has been several instances this past year that I've threatened to throw those toys away as a form of punishment. The only time I followed through is when you decided to cut up a pair of your pajama pants and then shove them under the bed so I wouldn't find them until one fateful day when I was helping you clean your room (again). Those completely-safe-for-3.5-year-old scissors got a proper burial, in the garbage, while you were screaming at me.
I can't think of a better big sister for Avery (when you're not antagonizing her); I have watched you willingly give up a toy that she was throwing a fit for just to make her happy. On that same note, I am in awe of the power one has when in possession of any given toy. More fights have been had because of 'Mr. Potato Head' or over one of the 285 baby dolls in the house. If you and Avery could please find your own damn toy to play with that would make me infinitely happy.
Avery loves you more than anything in the world. When I walk into her room in the morning to get her up she immediately looks at the door and points, wondering what the hell I'm doing there and why didn't you get her up.
You're a great role model for her, you've taught her such things as:
1) simply take the toy away - no need to *ask* for it.
2) if you need something from Mom, stand at her feet and whine until she
3) no need to pick up anything after you're done using it, that's what Mom is for.
4) if Mom says no, she really means yes.
5) 'she's *my* mom' 'no, she's *my* mom' 'no, she's *my* mom' *push and shove and scream and fight to see who can mold themselves to her leg first*
6) don't use your words, just yell.
BUT, like I said, she loves you to the moon and watching you two play together nicely
You are also a wonderful little helper. You are more than willing to grab something for me if I am tied up with Avery. You help keep Avery happy by feeding her Cheerios and fruit snacks cause she is slightly (a lot) more high maintenance than you were at her age. I want you to know that I don't take that for granted, I could not ask for a better big sis for Avery!
This year you seemed to have found your individuality. You love dresses and usually kick and scream if I don't let you wear one BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL DIRTY AND YOU AREN'T WEARING A DIRTY DRESS OUT IN PUBLIC.
You've also found your temper, you tend to stomp your feet all the way to your room when you get sent there for a time out. You also get red in the face, stick your nose up in the air, cross your arms and cry and cry and cry (and threaten to *destroy* things) when you feel like you're being treated unfairly.
We're working on that.
This year you did tumbling at the beginning of the year and are ending the year with ballerina (ballet) and you love it, like, more than fruit snacks, string cheese and Barbies combined, love it. The teacher says you're a natural and you listen intently (I was only a little surprised when she told me this).
One of your favorite things to do in the whole entire universe is talk. A lot. I once listened to you carry on a 20 minute conversation with a friend of mine about mountains and butterflies and planting mountains to make them grow up into the clouds, and brainstorming how you would get to the top of the mountain to water it and make it grow(you decided the best way would be with a ladder, logically). I usually have to repeat myself several times to get you to do a task because you will come up with a story about said task and then forget to do that very task. (task lots its meaning in that sentence, to many tasks)
You are one of the most entertaining people I know and you have an incredibly big heart. I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with you (good thing, huh, cause we're stuck together whether you like it or not) and I'm so looking forward to what the next year will bring.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
Love,
Mom
Happy 4th Birthday Miss Alexa!! We love you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Alexa! You are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th Alexa and geez, Teish, that took 2 kleenexes....beautiful letter.......
ReplyDeleteNever thought I'd get tears reading a post of yours (tears from laughing, but not these kind of tears!!!) :) That was an awesome thing to read.
ReplyDeleteThe tears were enough that Jase just said "What's wrong Mommy? .... You're not a baby. You're NOT a baby like Jillian."
CUTE letter!
ReplyDeleteHaha, Chelsey - that's too funny!
ReplyDeleteThanks everybody for reading!
This is just so sweet. Happy birthday Alexa!
ReplyDelete