Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

2010 was a good year.

I. am. blessed.

Everyday I look around at what I have and think it can't possibly get any better than this but at that moment one of the girls will walk up and give me an unprompted kiss on the cheek and not to be outdone by her sister the other one will do the same and then it's a fight for kisses.  Man I love that.

Or I will be reminded of what's important in life when I'm running ragged at the end of the day trying to get the pile of laundry down to manageable size while making dinner and doing dishes all at the same time and I'll look over and see the girls snuggling on the couch, Alexa reading a book to Avery and Avery occasionally glancing at her sister with wonder and awe and love in her eyes.

That's what matters.

Messy rooms and unswept floors mean nothing.

Josh walking in and both girls yelling 'Dad!' 'Daddy!' and padding their little feet to greet him and fighting for the first hug makes him beam from ear to ear.  Even when Alexa says 'Pew, you smell like cow poop' she won't let go.

Alexa has told me many times 'you're the best mommy evuh!' and I see the love in her eyes for me and it makes my heart leap out of my chest and do a happy dance.  I try baby, I try.

Avery looks at me with those striking blue eyes and the world stops turning.

How could I have gotten so lucky to have them put into my life?

2010 was a good year.

Bring on 2011.

5 comments:

  1. Man, my boys wake me up by coming into my room and yelling DADDY! I'M HUNGRY!

    Sometimes I question my parenting skills. Happy 2011 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your family! I hope 2011 is an awesome one for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just lost it and freaked over dirty floors. I haven't seen my sister in two and a half years and she's leaving tomorrow. The floors could have waited.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!