As much as I whined about it the trip was ni. ce. ish.
Ride up went as well as expected, besides the batshit crazy drivers up there. Seriously, law of physics states that just staying in your own damn lane versus frogger-ing it makes the flow of traffic smoother. It does, look it up.
Bestie BBM'ed me once asking if everyone was still alive.
My response: wellll I may or may not have just threatened to cancel Christmas ... time for a drink.
It really wasn't *that* bad though. Avery hates riding in the car for more than 47 seconds so I anticipated her yelling at me most of the way and Alexa watched around 32 movies, quietly.
We didn't get there until like 11:00ish and after unloading everything it was waytoolate and the girls were wide awake and wanted to play. Hooray! Avery was fuhreaked out by the whole hotel room biz - she kept giving me the stink eye while trying to escape to the hallway to find her bedroom. Double hooray! for nervous toddlers who don't want to sleep in the hotel room.
Next day was eventful, here are the pictures to tell the story because I'm laaazzzzzy.
![]() |
| Yes I know this picture is, like, taking over and it's making me mental |
Trip to Target because we managed to lose *one* of Alexa's boots. ONE.
Then a little relaxin'. And naps.
Then supper and presents. The girls were exhausted. With a capital cranky. They we soldiered through, though.
Drive home. Try to avoid the roadragers. We left Alexa with the grandparents to attend church and left early so Josh could "do chores." I'm thankful we did cause unpacking after a day and a half long trip took equally as long.
One Christmas down. Four to go.
Sugarplum dreams,
Teisha



You are a hilarious writer! lol
ReplyDeleteI say the same thing about drivers from out of state around here too! 9 times out of 10, they are from Ohio. They drive like nuts making illegal moves, cutting you off, driving slow in the fast lane. I want to have a separate driving lane for out of state drivers but I don't think the state will do it.
ReplyDeleteSO MUCH INFO ALL AT ONCE! I love everything! Great post!
ReplyDeleteMaybe if you would mention the kind of camera you wanted, I could see if I see something out and about - only if you are serious about getting one though. Are you thinking about a super fancy one, which you probably would want your sister's help or just a point and shoot?
Love it and love seeing pictures of the girls! And the thought bubbles are great!
ReplyDeleteI want something that takes great pictures but is easy to operate. And doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Let me know what you find :)
ReplyDeleteAnd here I am complaining about it being cold in Florida. Silly me.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun trip. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd Michelle, it is cold here in Florida!!!
I was in denial about the fact that I'm going on a 15 hour road trip on Christmas Day. This post reminded me.
ReplyDelete'Scuse me whilst I search for the corkscrew.
If only life included the pretty bubble thoughts over our heads! Wait, that's a terrible idea...
ReplyDelete3 more Christmas events? I cannot wait to see how your experiences and writing and blood/alcohol levels evolve during this process! Just don't drunk blog, or, keep drunk blogging? Fabulous either way...
All kidding aside, hope you have a nice Christmas holiday!
PS I am from Alaska...it is LAME up there in the winter, but, I happen to know it CAN at times be worse in Minnesota! GAH!