Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Summed Up Into One Post Because I Want To Get On With It

Christmas is over.

Kind of a bittersweet moment here at casa de fabulous.

Bitter because the presents and cookies have stopped flowing freely.  The out of towners have headed home (sad face) and we're all suffering from post Christmas blues.

Also, I gained three pounds this weekend, in my thighs.  Apparently trying one of everything on the dessert tray was a bad idea.  No it wasn't.

Sweet because hauling the kids here and there and everywhere is exhausting times infinity and thank you Jesus that's over.

Let's start with Thursday.  I conned my MIL into bringing the kids and meeting me at the dreaded mall Santa because my inner dialogue was being a real pain in the ass and telling me the kids were going to need therapy if they didn't make it to see the fat man.  Inner dialogue FAIL.  Not to mention Alexa had been suffering from a heavy duty fever the past couple of days.

Would somebody please call my hair did gal and tell her I'm an asshole
Avery was indifferent.  She was all NBD I'll sit on creepy Santa's lap but HAND CHECK MR. CLAUS.  They also wanted to charge me a minimum of $16.99 to take my own damn pictures.  No, I did not pay that and yes I took my own pictures and yes Santa's fat ugly elf with a thousand times worse hair than mine gave me the side eye as I walked away.

Friday - Christmas Eve.

There were plenty of giddy smiles and anxious excitement in anticipation for Santa to make his big appearance that night.  It was a glorious day.


Our first Christmas celebration of the weekend was that night along with 8:00 church.  I'm going on strike next year because 8:00 church + a long-winded preacher = disaster times a million.  By the time we got home the kids weren't filled with Christmas spirit.  Alexa had a meltdown because she realized she didn't get to tell Santa what she wanted.  So:

Dear Santa,
Tinkerbell dress
Wand
Wings
I love you Santa,
Alexa

See that face?  Santa didn't bring her a wand.  He's such a douche. 

Puppy!  Puppy!  Mama!  Puppy!
Then I forced Alexa into opening her presents from us because she was too preoccupied with her new Leapster that Santa also brought her.  Avery was LOVING the whole ripping presents open idea.

Then off to my parents house for brunch and more presents.  It was awesome.  Totally full of the awesome.
So what?  Imma make princess pj's over clothes the new spring trend.

Here Jess, let me help you.  Please?  Pretty please?  I hope there's a puppy in there!
After presents and unbuttoning of pants to fit more cookies into my inner thighs my sister's and I settled in for a stimulating puzzle while the kids napped.  We are hardcore.  Actually we are because there was a semi fist fight over a Santa piece.  You know how puzzles can get a trite I have absolutely no idea if that word makes sense here competitive.

Then off to Josh's mom's side where they always attempt to cram 75 people into a house not meant to hold that many people.  *insert Xanax plea here*

On to Sunday, right?  Yeh Sunday.

A little relaxation before we head to my dad's side of the family where there's usually beer and poker along with presents.  Wonderful.  The kids were running around similar to what I'd imagine a methed out ballerina with a firecracker up her ass would look like.  But we managed to get a picture of all of them sitting.
My thoughts exactly
Monday.

Christmas decorations came down.  Hallelujah!

The kids fought over played with their new toys.

2.8 seconds after this picture Avery attempted to grab the Leapster which led to screams and tears.  The girls were upset too.

Alexa must have been a teensy run down still or she's a 16 year old trapped in a four year old body because that night, in dramatic fashion, she informed me I was wuhning her life.

Sigh.

Thankfully Christmas is over until next year.

5 comments:

  1. Your picture of all of the kids = hilarious. Everyone (minus Alexa of course) looks absolutely pissed. Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a remote control puppy? Thank you for posting - must live vicariously through someone who got to enjoy Christmas - but that means I get to do it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, that's exactly why I don't go to Christmas Eve church service. Well, that and I'm a total heathen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is the most entertaining and warped mom Christmas post I have read. And I love it. Christmas isn't all holly and jingle bells and yours is much more realistic than many of those mom blog drivel I read. Funny and nicely done. Hope the little one is over her fever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, you'll miss these days. Just this week the grown sons were talking 'about the time' like it was a wonderful Christmas, I remember the crying and arguing, the getting out of bed at 3 in the morning, etc....

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!