We have had a trampoline in the backyard that I bought this past summer for me the girls.
It was full of the awesome.
My parents are the coolest and so full of the awesome!
|
![]() |
| Rawr! Look Mom, we're dinosaurs! |
The girls loved it. And by the girls I mean me. And the girls.
Except for when the birds used it as a toilet. Then I didn't love it so much. Or the birds. The kids didn't seem to mind grossing me out and jumping with the bird poo though.
It was the best thigh workout I've ever had, besides that one time when I found my Grandma's thighmaster and tried that out for awhile.
Not only was it at least 12 minutes of entertainment for the kids, the grown ups (I use that term loosely) enjoyed it as well.
It was the best thigh workout I've ever had, besides that one time when I found my Grandma's thighmaster and tried that out for awhile.
Not only was it at least 12 minutes of entertainment for the kids, the grown ups (I use that term loosely) enjoyed it as well.
| Yey for drunken cheerleaders. At 3 in the AM. After running around the yard with sparklers. Sparklers = fun at any age. |
But I am sad to announce that the trampoline is no longer with us.
Let's have a moment of silence please.
....
The magic jumping device blew away in the great Midwestern windstorm of October or November I can't remember exactly when it was 2010.
Blew. Away.
That thing weighs like eleventy hundred pounds.
Apparently it went into and then up and over the shed by our house then rolled end over end and came to a stop about 740 miles away.
In Kansas. With Dorothy and Toto.
Just kidding. It landed in the middle of the field across from our house.
BUT STILL.
I was oh so nervous to tell Alexa for fear of a meltdown so I figured I'd just wait until 1) she noticed or 2) she never noticed.
Obviously she figured it out one beautiful fall day when she asked if she could go outside and jump on the trampoline.
Well, honey, get this; remember the other night when it was really windy and I had to assure you there wasn't a girl eating monster scratching at your window trying to get in? The wind blew your trampoline away.
Wha? Wooooooooooooooooooooooooow. That. is. awesome. The wind blew it away? Let me look. Yep, you're right Mom, it's not there. That is so cool that the wind blew it away. Can we get a new one and see if the wind blows it away? How will we get the wind to blow it? I wanna watch it!
*blink*
Uhh. oh. k. that went better than I thought it would.

It has always amazed me that kids and their reactions are never what you expect!
ReplyDeleteOh my hell! That was one heck of a storm, huh? Glad you didn't have to deal with a meltdown. I guess the real question is - how did your daughter handle YOUR meltdown? ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow, those things *do* weigh like eleventy hundred pounds! Holy wind storm, batman!
ReplyDelete