Monday, November 15, 2010

Randoms And Why I Should Be Nominated As Mother Of The Year

Have you ever been annoyed by the sound of a whistling co-worker only to realize it's you?  Me neither.  Just sayin'

------------------------------------------------

Josh got in trouble the other night for not hanging my shelves I've been after him to hang for like 47 weeks now (give or take 43ish) but I was secretly happy he didn't want to do it because I was oh so very tired.  Why am I such an asshole?

-------------------------------------------------

While I was busy putting my new table and chairs together (I only needed the chairs but did you know that chairs are EXPENSIVE but if you buy a table and chair set you get the chairs cheapish and the table for free?....boggling) Avery was in her highchair as to not steal the 867 screws and bolts and potentially-life-threatening-if-swallowed-by-a-one-year-old washers.  She was busy munching on a sandwich and happily throwing her sippy on the floor and yelling and screaming until I Alexa came and retrieved it for her.  Anyways, she must have gotten bored and decided she was done because sure enough we heard the little pad of feet running up to meet us.  Meaning she had gotten out of her highchair BY HERSELF and managed to do so without falling and breaking out any teeth.  I think it's time we get rid of the highchair or, you know, don't leave her in it unattended.

---------------------------------------------------

Another Mother of the Year incident happened when I asked Josh if he had changed Avery's diaper before he put her in bed.

Oh man, no I didn't.

Good job failure, you're cleaning up the mess and doing the laundry when it leaks out all over the place.

Well, I feel bad but it's more for her sake of having to sleep in a REALLY WET DIAPER and less for your sake of having to clean up the aftermath.

No, you're cleaning up the aftermath.  And, obviously, I feel bad for her too, for having to put up with your shit.

(Just in case you're worried, the diaper was changed because I heard her singing and playing in her crib rather than sleeping so she was saved from wet diaper hell)

--------------------------------------------------

I recently wore horizontal stripes and didn't look like an oompa loompa.  Just sayin' YEY

--------------------------------------------------

The end.

It's a wonder why I don't have more followers with posts like these.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I miss the days of being able to jail, er, contain my kids in a high chair or baby corral. Now I'm afraid that they're going to tie *me* up.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!