I usually don't get too touchy feely or I love the universe all up in here but seriously, you guys, this Easter could not have been any better. Even if Bradley Cooper showed up on my doorstep dressed as the Easter bunny.
My heart was exploding with happiness and shooting rainbows and smiley's all over everybody's faces on Sunday. It was really rather awkward.
The weekend began with the news that my sister, bro-in-law, and nephews were staying at mi casa.
Rock. on.
Josh and Mitch commenced with their Easter tradition of drinking lots of Miller Lite, adjusting their junk, and talking about building crap. OH and since that one year they went and got themselves stuck in the pond and I found them in the kitchen in their boxers making breakfast at 4AM they haven't done that again.
Anycadbury.
Believe it or not the Easter Bunny stopped by and dropped off some goodies even though it was threatened about 2349874543 times that I could put in a call to the sacred bunny and tell him to skip our house because we have two naughty little girls living here. Lucky for them he had to stop anyway since my nephews were here.
 |
| The wand she asked to get from Santa; Bunny moves to the top of the 'awesome' list |
 |
| First of many packages of skittles and chocolate eggs |
 |
| The best shot of the two of them together. I give up. |
 |
| Time for some grub |
 |
| Then I forced the kids to do an Easter egg hunt because, seriously kids this is awesome the Easter Bunny came again! Why aren't you acting like you care? FOCUS! |
 |
| Then we played. Why I put Avery in a white dress I'll never know. |
 |
| Then we tried to get an awesome picture of all the kids.... |
 |
| We may, or may not, be idiots |
 |
| So instead we put them on a bench and this picture rocks my face off. We have the coolest kids. |
 |
Off to the second Easter celebration of the day where we got to actually meet the Creepy Easter Bunny! |
 |
| Then Alexa's favorite part of the day, hunting down the Easter Bunny. |
 |
| This picture makes me laugh out loud everytime I look at it. |
The weather here in Eastern Iowa is either Ass Cold, Flood, or Hot As Hell but somebody was in a good mood (ahem, Mother Nature) that day and blessed us with an exceptionally beautiful, sunny day which allowed us to grill out, play, and tote around the farm on the four wheeler. (Thanks for giving the kids' rides Shayla!)
It was glorious.
I absolutely love having everybody over and letting the kids run around bat shit crazy and just enjoy our time together. I'm so blessed to have all my family live so closely we get to see eachother all the time. That's what life is all about!
Stopping by from the weekend hops to say hello.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
POSH
http://poshonabudget.com/2011/03/friday-and-snugglie-dogs.html
Aww- great pics!! Looks like fun was had by all!!
ReplyDelete