The kind of addition that doesn't need it's ass wiped or demand juice all day long.
I'm talking about pillows and hardware.
Oh yeh. Real hardcore stuff baby.
Anyways, on to the assault on your eyeballs.
First up - cabinet hardware. My old shit was nasty and ugly.
See:
| Nasty and ugly |
| Sleek and sexy and super cheap = true cabinet love |
| Before |
| After |
And on to the next one.
My first and most likely last DIY project that involved wood and staples and fabric and sweat and tears and vodka.
I have two gigantic bay windows that had sad lonely window seats that I've been wanting to make happy with cushions for people to rest their butts.
Did you know custom made cushions for huge windows cost a shit ton of money?
I don't have that kind of money, so I got the bright idea to make them.
*Lightbulb!*
But then I remembered I can't sew a button on shirt much less a huge fancy cushion. So what do I do?
Step 1) Gather my supplies
| Foam, fabric, stapler and plywood |
Step 3) Step back and admire my work
They are nothing fancy but they will make your butts happy and they made my wallet happy by costing a whopping 25 dolla dolla bills each. Versus, like, $300 each for custom made. That'll do donkey.
A couple points:
- I intend to buy some more throw pillows to cover the wonky edges and make a more finished look
I guess that's only one point but deal with it.
Josh had a couple opinions, like, 'oh I thought they would be cushier' and 'why didn't you angle them out?' Then he saw the daggars flying out of my eyes and quickly told me he loved them.
They weren't easy. I'd say an hours work each but well worth it.
So, there you have it. What I've been doing to brush up on my interior decorating skills for my next life when I come back as Nate Berkus.
That looks awesome! Good job :)
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously, why do husbands feel that they need to be the critical eye?! My lovely husband loves to read the blog and yell out any spelling mistakes or anything else wrong he finds. He knows it irks me to death, but loves doing it. I think they have this code to get under our skin or something, lol.
I think your butt pillow turned out excellent. Men just think things need to be scary squishy because they frequently don't have butts to sit on.
ReplyDeleteAhh, I'm so proud of you for making those! Next step...sewing machine. ;o) I love it!
ReplyDelete