I'm Queen Princess of the Universe. obvi.
Alexa is Princess of Attitude.
Avery is Princess of Bossy.
Lexi (again, people, the dog not the daughter) is Princess of Stupid.
Josh is, ummmmmm, Prince of Dirt.
We have approximately 4954562984 Princess movies and every once in a mermaid sighting I get to watch something full of the awesome like Shrek or Charlie Sheen.
We have dollies, and barbies, and bunnies OH MY.
Estrogen overload.
The other day I came to the realization of how much these things, specifically the Disney Princess movies, influence Alexa.
While she's sitting on the shitter, taking a poo, AKA place to think deep thoughts....along with the shower, she asked why Dad and I got married.
Because we were young and dumb and BTW cow shit does not smell like money, JOSH. Chill out I didn't *actually* say that, she can learn to be a cynic without my help. It went more like: well, because we love each other and when two people love each other they get married.
And then you kiss *accompanied by obnoxious kissy face and noises*
Huh. Well yeh, I guess. Way to mock me while your taking a shit, girlfriend.
She definitely learned the kissy crap from the Disney movies. She also learned that it's totally ok to live with seven little men and do all the cooking and cleaning. Thanks Snow White.
She thinks everything can come back to life after death with a kiss.
I wish it worked that way.
That was her answer when I caught her making out with her Barbie.
Mahhhhmmm, she died, I was makin' her be awake.
*Note to self - buy a Ken doll so he can save Barbie when she dies*
*UPDATE to note to self - Ken Barbie is now a part of our Barbie family and Ken and Barbie seriously need to find a room because ENOUGH WITH THE PDA ALREADY!*
Anysmooch.
We went to a wedding over the weekend and wouldn't you know it, if I had a nickel for everytime Sis asked 'when are they gonna kiss?' I would have, at least $.57. You figure it out.
After the wedding and the kissing there was lots of this:
![]() |
| "I got it from my mama" |
![]() |
| Avery decided to get up and dance after she realized she couldn't pick up the colored dots on the floor. |
And a little more kissing:
![]() |
| Lovin' me some baby nephew |



Want to trade kids every once in a while to bring some balance in our homes?
ReplyDeleteWait til you see the one I have of Ryan and Avery. Super cute! And, I have one of Alexa doing flips!
ReplyDeleteinvest in cotton...loves it.
ReplyDeleteI have 5 nieces. We've started buying them boy toys like swords and GI Joes because we're so sick of buying dolls and pink stuff. I think we quickly dropped in favorite rank.
When you're done swapping with Jessica you can swap with me. My life is sadly without pink, smooching, and Princesses.
ReplyDeleteI feel your princess pain - my 4-year-old is obsessed.
ReplyDeleteAlso, thanks for stopping by La Lamp Shade. Your Caption This Photo comment was GOLD STAR.
xo,
Raina
If the Lamp Shade Fits
oh dear... tell me about it! i have a 5yrs old niece that swears to the world she is "princess Niknik"... at our wedding i went to the lil' girl's room with her, because she needs someone to hold her hand (just so that she doesn't have to clean both after.. what a smart bum) and when i asked her if she would like to get married one day just to wear a princess dress her answer was "well, duh! i'm princess Niknik, i'm obviously going to!" duh... fun times! love, Jello
ReplyDelete