Friday, March 11, 2011

I Am Having A Hard Time Coming Up With A Title Other Than An Interior Designer Wannabe Shaken With Some Yin And Yang. Just Roll With It.

I recently learned something about myself that reinforces the fact that I am either 1) really super fucked up in the head or 2) should probably look into a real life flesh and blood judgey therapist rather than using this blog as free therapy or 3) all of the above.

While rearranging my living room(s) for approximately the 17th time in a few days span shut it Josh, Sis and I did 86% of the work I realized I can not stand it when things are off center.

Like, it makes my blood boil and I get an overwhelming urge to throw stuff.

Is there a name for that?  Isn't it, like, chi or zen or cheech and chong or something?  I tried asking Google but I couldn't come up with effective search terms.  Searching for 'Chinese word for balance' got me nowhere.  Then I got a little shady and was all 'Asian description for being fucked up in the head' and that just got me some Eminem lyrics and XXX sites.  Because, obviously.

We have a fireplace in one room that my mind required the couch to be centered with.  Also, a bay window in that same room that my brain screamed the love seat had to be centered with and seriously, OCD, you suck giant donkey balls.

After a few days work accompanied by sore muscles, lots of vodka, and laundry piling up because I still can't figure out a way to make it do itself I think I have it figured out.

See:

Living Room
Pool Room

 One last little touch that has to get done super fast before I tear out my own eyeballs in a fit of hysteria is fixing this:


Off center shelf hanging over the piano needs to get moved like 8 inches to the left.  The fate of the entire world rests on this one little fact.

Doesn't that drive you crazy?  No?  Just me?

Side note - anybody wanna take bets on when I can get Josh to actually help me with this?  If you guess any time frame within the next month or year or ever you will lose.  IT'S CALVING SEASON, TEISHA, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SIT IN THE PASTURE WITH BEER AND A SPOTLIGHT TO WATCH THE COWS.

Also, these rooms are still evolving - like the drab wood paneling in the pool room.  I want to paint it so bad but that is going to require a lot of work and I'm just not into that kind of thing.  Hopefully someday I can pay somebody to do it.  Happy dance.

Alrighty then.  I like how it turned out and I feel like the rooms are more spacious and better equipped to serve their purpose of, you know, sitting your happy ass in.

What bothers you about your furniture placement or do you take the cheech and chong approach and just not really give a shit?

Duuuuuuude.  Eating these cheetos on this couch in this living room is the best. thing. ever.

Peace out.

3 comments:

  1. I like things to be centered, too. My LR is a rectangle and due to some large floor to ceiling windows and doorways at each end I really can't change things around too much. But I've tried. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from the Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop. Also following on Twitter. If you get a minute please drop by and follow back. Have a great day!
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God, it's like you're me. Only with the awesome green walls that I want. And yeah, I'd have a stroke over the shelf/piano un-centered-ness thing.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!