I probably could be, but 1) I'm super lazy and 2) cooking is messy = me cooking *and* cleaning = lasers shooting out of my eyeballs at everybody within 100 feet of me.
Every once in awhile Josh gets fed up with the mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, spaghetti, and leftover rotation and he decides he's going to cook.
He goes into the basement and comes up with:
1) a fucking hoof
What is that?
Ham.
No it isn't. It's a hoof.
For christ sake Teisha, it's a not a hoof.
Sure looks like a hoof.
2) ground pork
and
3) a roast....
at 6:00 at night, when Avery is somewhere between turning into a werewolf and gnawing her own arm off.
| Feed me you assholes! |
Nothing, I'm going to cook them.
*Side-eye* Mmm hmm - I'm not eating hoof.
Genius decides he's going to throw the hoof in the oven, after Chef Google tells him to do so. He had to ask Chef Google because I informed him I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK A HOOF JOSH AND EVEN IF I DID I'M GOING TO BE A STUBBORN JACKASS AND NOT HELP YOU.
... = hours passing by
... = mac n cheese for the girls and I
... = bathtime
*Ding*
Sweet! The ham is done! Try it, it's really good.
Absolutely not, I don't feel like eating hoof and dying today.
He tried convincing me it was a 'joint' or a 'shoulder' or a 'completely edible piece of Porky' but I wasn't buying it.
Just like that one time my family told me the alligator tasted like chicken.
I'll take your word for it, family.
On a related note:
Redneck goulash:
Those ingredients mixed together.
Ta da!
You can thank me later.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou know that's one of my family's favorites from your family!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sick of cooking. I think we're having Cookie Crisp for dinner tonight.
ReplyDeletehaha, funny. we go through the same night cooking ritual at home only my husband only knows how to cook saussages... that's all we eat when he cooks. lol thanks for that. happy friday
ReplyDeleteHopping over from "Boost my Blog Friday"
ReplyDeleteI am loving, your spot....and I'm sure that HOOF wasn't as bad a the neck bones I had to endure!! LOL
http://landofthefitzpatricks.blogspot.com/
I've never heard of Redneck Goulash! I'm blog hopping and found your blog. I'm following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletehahaha!!! I'm totally loving you!!! I wouldn't eat 'hoof' either. But, I'm actually the cook in this establishment. If hubby cooks...well, it's pretty basic...like "bean burger". I know...WTH?!?! Anywho found you from Storytelling blog hop...love your crazy funny blog!!!
ReplyDeleteHi! Found you through the Find New Friends Weekend Blog Hop and am your newest follower. I'd love it if you would follow me back at Dropped Stitches.
ReplyDeleteAt least he didn't make you eat Cobra or honey badger. I haven't been reading these in forever I'm glad I did tonight I needed a good laugh.
ReplyDelete... IT DOES TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletebahhaha my first visit here...loved this post...we must be related..my kitchen and I have a hatehate relationship :)
ReplyDeleteoh... defnately following !