I've come to realize the blog world is one giant hairy ball of crazy ridiculousness.
Sort of like that paragraph sentence turned out to be.
I personally started blogging because my sis was doing it and I wanted to be as cool as her.
*wink wink*
Also, I needed a place to put down the random thoughts swimming around aimlessly in my vodka brain and I wanted an outlet to write the shit down about my kids that happens that I too soon forget about.
Like the fact that Avery's current favorite pastime is attempting to make her vagina talk. Also, taking all her clothes off, putting on her rain boots and running around the house screaming PUPPY! at everything she sees.
Dear Hypothetical Therapist:
Should I be worried?
Signed,
Dehydrated Mom Of Two
What I didn't realize about this alternate universe were the weird rules and regulations and unspoken laws that are out there and that the fact that it's a giant popularity contest.
I wasn't popular in high school, nor did I care to be.
Too much pressure, and besides my boobs weren't big enough. Also, fugly.
It makes me laugh. This crazy blogworld I've landed on.
Like the fact that people subscribe to a bunch of blogs, comment on all of them after only skimming the contents (like you assholes did with my Caption This post - more on this at a later date) and then moving on to the next blog in your reader like its just the normal way the blogiverse works.
However strange it is, I like it. I like being semi-anonymous and not feeling like I have to censor myself for fear of what some hater will spew at me. And if a hater decides to show his or her face I can virtually punch them in the face and delete their comment.
So, keep blogging, people. I will read because I have nothing better to do at work and I hope you will read me and find some sort of entertainment value from this here tiny space I'm living in in the blogiverse.
It's your blog; you should get to write about whatever you want to. Isn't that part of the point? Otherwise, you could just write for someone else's blog. If someone doesn't like what you have to say, they shouldn't read it. Duh.
ReplyDeleteAlso, vagina talking = HILARIOUS.
No skimming here - I believe I'm like two of the hundred that FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd you keep blogging, not because I have nothing better to do, but because I love you and your girls and your comedy :)
Okay, that didn't make sense. I followed the directions, maybe a couple other people did - and the other hundred did not. You get it.
ReplyDeleteOops! I missed the children's character part. Not usually a skimmer but I have to admit that the caption thing just isn't for me. I suck at it.
ReplyDelete*shrugs*
Meh...popularity sucks, so does highschool. Just say what you want to say and THAT is what makes a blog awesome (especially yours).
ReplyDeleteTotally a high school contest... occasionally I get the little twinge of 'all my friends have a gazillion followers, why don't I?" and then I realize... cause I don't give 2 rats asses. Eh, I find myself funny, doesn't matter if no one else does!
ReplyDeleteI am not a skimmer, I promise!
ReplyDeleteYou are right this whole little blog universe is a popularity contest but I am the wallflower who choses to ignore it. Besides I was the band geek in HS so being the 'cool kid' was never my forte!
Yeah I noticed the caption thing. I followed the rules.
ReplyDeleteI AM A RULE FOLLOWER
seriously, it is an illness
heee
But I quoted from the book
Go Dog Go, because in there are these silly dogs and one keeps wearing more and more outrageous hats and asking "Do you like my hat?"
Have you seen the book?
Well the pic reminded me of that.
I know how you feel. Actually I have been pretty popular IRL and the ugly girl alone in the cafeteria ONLINE.
maybe I am imagining it?
I like your blog.
Say whatever you need to say.
Most of us are ok with that.
that is all
I hate asshole skimmers. I also hate it when people go around whoring out their blog link in comments.
ReplyDelete