Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Shopping, Farts, And Justin Bieber.


Wouldn't you know it?  This weekend didn't end up with me at the hospital!  1,000,046 points awarded to me and Justin Bieber.  Why Bieber?  Because he finally got rid of that reverse side swept bowl cut that kind of made me want to smack a bitch - like Danielle Staub, or Perez Hilton.

Another 411 points awarded to me for most pop culture references in a single paragraph that have nothing to do with each other or Britney.

This post is already spiraling out of control.

Anyhousewife.

Instead of visiting the ER I opted instead to take Alexa shopping on Saturday.

Avery was stuck checking cows and playing farmer with Josh.

And by saying she was 'stuck' with him I'm insinuating that she doesn't enjoy it.  Quite the opposite, though, because she looooooves checking out the 'ows' that 'moooo' and OMG DAD DAD DAD PUPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!  Best. Day. Ever.

Sis was stuck with me.  Again, by 'stuck' (that word is already losing its meaning) I mean, MOM MOM MOM LOOK AT THE PRETTY DRESSES, CAN I WEAR A DRESS LIKE THAT WHEN I GET OLDER AND MOM MOM MOM STOP RIGHT HERE IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYBODY AND LOOK AT THIS COOKIE CAKE HEART ATTACK WITH DECORATIONS I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY - AND oh mirror, stop and check myself out AND CAN I PLEASE GET SOMETHING?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE?

If you're good you can.  Don't judge me.

So, Sis and I went shopping, ate hot dogs and drank smoothies.  She picked out a tiara (shocking) and I got a few shirts from Express and a dress from Target that I wore out that night.

Sunday we painted our nails and lounged around in our jammies all day.  I love those days.  I think I read approximately 423 pages and finished my book so now I'm moving on to the DVR to catch up on House and Modern Family and a few dozen other shows.

What should I read next?

Monday, aka yesterday, was spent prom dress shopping for my littlest youngest sis.

I can't say littlest because she's like 6' 1" or something ridiculous like that.

And wouldn't you know it? we found THE ONE.  She had two criteria: 1) long enough and 2)not butt ugly.  The one we found is totally gorge, although Alexa seems to think she should have gone with the hot pink number with silver metallic polka dots, an obnoxious bow on the shoulder and a frilly skirt.  Sads for Alexa.

Dear Alexa, please change your taste in prom dresses before you have to go because I will not let you wear something ugly.  And yes, you're free to express yourself, as long as you don't look like an idiot.

Moving on.

Yesterday took a weird turn when the girls got into a farting contest.

Alexa accidentally let one loose when she was attempting a handstand and because I'm a 12 year old boy I laughed.  Hard.  Not to be outdone, Avery gets red in the face and pushes out a huge one.  Seriously, this went on for a good 4 or 5 farts each and I was completely baffled and out of breath from laughing so hard.

I might have even peed a little.

If I wouldn't have pushed each of them out of my vagina I would wonder if I'm actually their mother because farting in front of Josh is not an option.

Ever.

Do you fart in front of your significant other?

And I think I'll close with that.

To recap, there were two questions posed:

1) I need book recommendations

and

2) Farting in front of your mate.  OK or completely embarassing?

15 comments:

  1. 1. I'm reading Cutting For Stone. Other recent likes include Room, Matterhorn, and Unbroken.

    2. Completely embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I've just started the first book of the Hunger Games, because I'm like 8 years behind the times.

    2. Totally ok! I rarely fart loudly so when I do I really make a show of it. And then giggle for days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Read? WTF is that?

    2. I "farted" ONCE in front of the previous (the previous that I was with for TWELVE YEARS), ONCE, and it was a mistake. I blamed it on being pregnant and the infant child pushing on my insides - and I still got the side eye, stare down, OMG did you *seriously* just do that look. So, never again. This time around, haven't, never will. However - it doesn't bother me a bit when he does (and of course, all men are like 12 year old boys when they fart and think it's gd hilarious).

    I think it's just a said rule that girls, chicks, women - whatever - don't fart, or poop for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously laughed out loud big time just reading that paragraph about the girls farting.

    1. ummm...I've read 2 books in my life and I'm pretty sure I borrowed them from you, so I have no recs.

    2. Most definitely not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of order.

    #1 - Yes. Its an Olympic sport.

    #2 - I read bios for the most part. My most recent post was about this killer GNR book I just read. Started George Carlin's bio which is good as well. Probably not your cup of tea - but? You asked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey! just stopping by to say HI!

    1. sorry....can't be helpful. kinda out of it in that departement.

    2. totally fine as per my opinion

    great post by the way! love, Jello

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no significant other

    so?!?@#$

    anyways

    I am going to get the Hunger Games so I recommend that.

    I just finished Fallen and Torment by Lauren Hunt--Very good


    that is all

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are hilarious. Stopping by from SITS.
    1) I would have to get back to you.
    2) It probably isn't OK; but we are pretty coarse people. I'm not much of a farter though, he is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. Any book by Sophie Kinsella is a good one.

    2. Yes, I fart all the time. My husband thinks I have gas issues and could use some Beano.

    And Justin Bieber scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. book recs: hunger games, millenium trilogy by steig larson, trylle trilogy by amanda hocking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. Matthew Reilly if you like thriller/conspiracy novels.

    2. It has happened a few times, but after 15 years there really isn't much to hide from your spouse. When all else fails, blame the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Anything by Jen Lancaster if you want a laugh your pants off can't put it down kind of book. I also liked Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.

    2. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1- can't stand reading books unless they totally soak me up- havn't found anything worthy yet. I fall asleep when i read so that is wh i stick to reading blogs-
    2- I always fart infront of my husband. we used to call it "fuses" but when he does it, it is gross. double standards are my super power. as well as remembering everyone's name (famous or not)
    3- Love this blog- came over from the blog hop (tawna's journey) and your are very funny!do you tweet? i am at @juliefromotown
    looking forward to more words from you. subscribed via rss

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never fart in front of him if I can help it. I only wish he lived by the same rule.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg Teish you crack me up!!!
    Ok...Idk if you are into this buuutt...im readinte happiest toddler on the block, and its actully pretty good, it refers to your toddler as a cave person...pretty awesome!

    As for farting ....definitely NOT!!!! BUT i know ppl who do and it creeps me out!
    Love ya!.....
    Ps im writing this on my way to the villages ;) wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!