Monday, January 24, 2011

Seriously, You Guys, The Crafts Are Out Of Control Over Here

So, apparently a crafty little leprechaun has taken over my four year old.

Nick Jr. no longer has its original allure that used to captivate her for hours minutes on end.

She wants to make things.

Like, crafty things.

I sizuck at crafty things.

BUT, for my child I will do *almost* anything.

So when she woke up the other morning and wanted to make 'valentimes' day stuff I groggily happily obliged, but only because I had seen a Valentine idea here (check this chick out - you will not be sorry)....otherwise I am not ashamed to admit I would not have been able to come up with this uber simplistic idea myself.

Hearts on a hanger:


Easy peasy.

What I didn't show you was the meltdown that was had by all when Avery channeled her inner ninja and proceeded to snatch and run off with one of Alexa's strings of hearts.  Well, meltdown by Alexa, evil laughter from Avery.

Oh, and the fact that she was enthralled with this project for about 2.64 minutes.  After that it was up to me to finish while she hurriedly cut up a bunch of paper before I relinquished her scissor using privileges again.

For obvious reasons.

Like, you know the fact that they are dangerous.

And, the fact that she created a funky origami looking dealy out of her pajama pants one day.

Anyways.

It was lovely to have something to do since Mother Nature obviously needs to get laid or something because cold, gray, windy, and snowy best describes what has been going on for the past, like, 3 months or so.

So, it's either crafts, binge eating and drinking, or going completely stir crazy staring at each other.

Or this:

And this:

Avery doing her best Lindsay Lohan impression
Using our children for entertainment purposes never gets old.

Isn't that why they were put into our lives in the first place?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, they're totally there for entertainment purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course. It gets even better when you can make them start the awkward conversations with other family members over holiday dinners.

    Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn right it is woman!!

    I revoked Mini Badass's scissor privileges after SHE CUT OFF HALF HER DAMN HAIR (while I was out smoking...)

    I'm back bitch!
    http://www.cigarettesandstilettos.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one who thought "ankle monitor" when looking at that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...ankle monitor was the first thing I thought, too.

    Also...it's a really good Lohan impersonation....really good.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!