Me: How was your day today Avery?
Avery: Puppy!
---------------------------
Avery: *frantically pointing at her plate* Puppy! PUPPY! PUPPY!
Me: Would you like more Ranch?
Avery: *nods head* uh-huh
---------------------------
Avery: *throws sippy on the floor* Puppy. Mama, puppy! MAMA! PUPPY!
Me: Say please and I'll get you more juice.
Avery: *does the sign for please*
---------------------------
Avery: *walks out of her room holding her toy puppy* Mama! Woof woof! Puppy!
Avery: *walks out of Sis' room holding a Barbie* Mama! Puppy!
---------------------------
Avery: *pointing to the snack basket on top of the fridge* PUPPY! PUPPY!
Me: No snacks before supper.
Avery: *throws herself on the floor or stomps her feet or does a combination of both while crying and yelling PUPPY!*
--------------------------
Get it?
If Avery wants/gets excited about/is happy/is sad/is confused/needs help/and on and on her go to word is puppy.
Life is much happier once I realized this.
Before -
Avery: Mama! Puppy! PUPPY!
Me: Yeh, where is your puppy? Go get him and we'll play.
Avery: PUPPY! PUPPYPUPPYPUPPY! MAMAPUPPY!
Me: Avery, stop yelling.
Avery: *throwing a dramatic fit and crying*
Me: What is wrong Avery? You are cray cray!
Avery: *in complete agony just moaning puuuuupppppyyy over and over*
Me: You know your sister never used to act like this.
So, yeh, Avery's much more cheerful now that I know how to translate her language.
She doesn't talk much, unlike Alexa at this age (19.5 months). She understands everything you say to her though so I'm not worried. She's just taking her sweet ass time because she can.
She says 'ow' a lot. If she almost runs into something she'll walk over, lift her foot, and moan owwww.
Other than the regular mama, dada, sissy she doesn't have a whole lot to say. I'm sure someday soon, though, she won't shut up.
We need to work on "Julie" :)
ReplyDeleteThat's totally a 2nd child thing. I remember when Megan didn't say anything for so long and I was comparing her to Kailey and for some reason I was worried. Now, Megan never shuts up and is a lot more outgoing than Kailey!
Oh, and crazy witchdr says that animal sounds count as words, so take that for what's it's worth. I know she says moo! Also, I know she's told me no before :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes, how could I forget the dreaded 'no!' She has that one down to a science.
ReplyDeleteI came here via Insanity Kim's blog...I just read this entry and had a moment where I thought, "Oh..that's it. I'm actually a 2 year old." Because really...puppy is a pretty good answer for everything.
ReplyDeleteMy niece is like this only she doesn't have a go to word. She's said cheese to me before while taking a picture but that's about it. She'll be 2 in March and she's an only child. She understands everything you say to her too.
ReplyDeleteCute! I'm glad you realize what she means now :) Visiting from SITS.
ReplyDeleteYou are cray-cray. I say that all the time. Love it! Yes. Figuring out what the hell our children are saying deserves a medal.
ReplyDeleteNice work, and how old is Avery?
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, I am not visiting from SITS.
Mine doesn't say Mama at all. Everyone tells me I should be thankful.
ReplyDelete