Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Creativity Is Oozing Out Of Our Pores *UPDATED*

Smell that?

That's the smell of euphoria mixed with vodka and shaken with fairy dust.

Alexa and I have been busy making things beautiful around here today and the feeling that comes from giving the dining room a quick face lift is better than the feeling that Xanax gives you.

Just kidding, send Xanax please.

Anyways, Alexa never ceases to amaze me with her creativity skills because let's just say I'm a little lacking in the creativity department.  Crafts and all that make me itchy and moody because I zero patience.

So, Alexa walks up to me and says 'look what I made Mom!'

After I tear my eyes away from an incredibly inspirational interior design book I am in shock at what my four year old has created.

Yes, they are tracings but still.  I birthed the next Picasso.

So after being so inspired by Picasso and the awesome interior design book I decided to give the dining room a much needed facelift.

I have no before pictures because, well, I'm an idiot and when I put my mind to something I tend to dive right in and create a vaccuumed black hole in my brain thinking about nothing but the task at hand, hence no before pictures.  Deal.

New rug to hide the burn your retinas it's so ugly kitchen carpet underneath
The vase was stashed in the hall closet just waiting to be plucked from it's hell

Built-in corner cabinet numero uno


Built in corner cabinet numero dos


Hutch and junk
Now, here's where you come in.

See those screen lookin' things behind the two chairs?  They are the doors I removed from the corner cabinets.  They kind of accidentally ended up there but I sort of like them.  They add another element and layer to the either side of the hutch.

What's your opinion?  Love them?  Hate them?  Don't really give a shit?

If you don't like them what do you suggest putting beside the hutch?  It's been a thorn in my side and something needs to be in that space I just don't know what.

So, there you have it.

My half ass wannabe interior decorating creativity and Alexa's ingenious work of art plus a crappy camera equals fairy dust vodka euphoria.

Tell me what you think!  My black hole of a brain wants to know!

*Update*

Better?

6 comments:

  1. Here goes! Love the red throughout the room. I'd remove the doors. I think the side chairs look wonderful there, but you could add an accent by placing nice sconces above each, or matching small decorative mirrors.

    Don't listen to me, my decorating is of the "what bargain can I get today" variety!

    But you have inspired me. Now I just need a new rug and about 90 thousand fewer belongings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lila. I like mirrors on the side. I've been looking for 2 black ones to go on each side of my tv. Let me know if you find anything like that. Kthnx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you've done, but agree with the other posters- you need something on the walls above the chairs...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all only I would move the doors up to chair rail height and paint the vertical lines on the wall red down to the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the doors were cool but I am far from an interior decorator - you know I'd be better off tracing with Alexa. That video is the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    nice thoughts!!! and corner numero uno is really very good looking...i like corner cabinets according to the place..these hutch and junk with two chairs looking good.....Built in Cabinet

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!