Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Glimpse Into My Younger Self Which Included Saxophones And Piercings

You know that expression "If I'd only known then what I know now"? 

No?  Hmm, weird. Get out from under your rock.

Well, I totes wish I would have known *then* - circa late 90s, when Victoria Beckham was rocking it with the Spice Girls, "The Rachel" was *the* haircut, and tearaway pants were providing adolescent boys easy access in style - what my mind boggling brain knows *now*.  I feel it is my civic duty to pass on my infinite wisdom to my younger self through the innernets which could cause some sort of Quantum Leap and alter everything as we know it, sort of like the butterfly effect, but only different.  ::::brain explodes::::

Up until about eighth grade I had everything right.  I was rockin' the two different colored layered socks and tight rolled jeans, big hoop earrings, and snap bracelets.  I. was. on. fiyah.  That is until I realized that girls are really bitchy and most of them need a junk punch followed by a high five to the face.  And me being the sensitive girl that I am crawled into a hole and decided I was just better off not talking to people that way they can't hurt me.  This is where I would like to stage an intervention.

My name is Teisha and I need to realize that I am worth something and these people that hurt me suck at life.
Hi Teisha.

High school sucked for me.  I realize high school sucks for like 114% of kids but whatever this is my blog and I'm specialer than you are.  I was a shy band geek.  Let me say that again ... Shy. Band. Geek.  I wasn't as stunningly beautiful as I am now way back then and I just didn't know how to talk to people without thinking I was looking like an ass.  So I just went day by day and that worked for me until I met douchebag of the century, but that is for another post because I just don't feel like hurting my brain that much right now.

Somewhere along the way I became a teensy bit rebellious and a little hard to live with and decided that I didn't have to bother with "rules" like curfew and such.  I followed the piercing and tattoo craze and came home one day with a stud in my tongue and several more piercings soon followed.  I am a little contradictory though because I stayed in band (first chair saxophone, woot!) and received mostly straight A's throughout high school (and college for that matter.)

I wish younger Teisha would have known that she was worth more than what douchebag of the century had to offer, that her words are worth hearing, that yes she is rather funny and it's ok to make people laugh, that it doesn't fucking matter what people say about you it only matters that you are true to your self, that she is beautiful inside and out...I could go on but I am getting sick of talking in the third person and the bottle glass of wine I had is making me tired.

Tomorrow is Alexa's Minute...you've been warned.

 

2 comments:

  1. Dude, if I had only stuck with piercings... Tattoos are MUCH more expensive to have removed than put on. Just ask the half tramp stamp still on my back. I'm pretty sure dermatologists sponsored Spring Break 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High school sucked for me, too. My rebellion only involved booze and boys and I still regret it.

    PS I was first chair sax, too.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!