Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Little Hair Experiment

Since I've been spending most of my free time....at work....watching makeup and hair tutorials on Pinterest I decided to try one of them out.

And take pictures.

And blog about it.  Hooray!

Operation Make My Hair Beautiful

Phase One: Stop shampooing as often - check
Phase Dos: Jump on the MoroccanOil bandwagon - check
Phase Three: Win the lottery and have enough money to hire a professional hair stylist to live with me and make me beautiful every day.

Anyfollicle.

I stumbled upon the "beachy look" and I about peed from it's awesomeness.  I figured this was a look I could pull off since my hair already has a natural wave (actually it's more like a super awful impossible to manage kink but I'm feeling 'glass half full' today).

Exhibit A - what my hair looks like at the end of the day after doing nothing to it.


That, my friends, is quite yucky.

Exhibity B - Homemade "beach spray" found via Pinterest.  I'm an asshole and have a super hard time following directions so I found a couple recipes and picked my favorite ingredients and came up with my own home brew.


Empty spray bottle
One cup water
Some Sea Salt
A squirt of Gel
A couple pumps of Oil
Woodchuck - optional but highly recommended - for consumption, not to put on your hair, but you guys knew that, right?
Shakeity shake shake and spray on hair

I then sectioned my hair into five sections and twisted it into five little buns and hung out for awhile.

Exhibit C -


I give it a 4.9999999 out of 5

Exhibit D -


This is how Alexa's hair turned out.  Yeh, I'm jealous too.

I slept in it and just spritzed some more on in the AM and am super happy with the results.  Not as curly as the night before but not as stupid as when I do nothing to it.

Rock on.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Complaints?  Feel free to keep those to yourself.

Peace out.



3 comments:

  1. Hung out for awhile - what's awhile? Not overnight right?

    And I want the surfer girl hair. But it will be ugly because my hair is STRAIGHT. Wuf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hung out for like an hour but would suggest less than that.....like wayyy less. A few minutes while it's drying should give even super straight hair some wave. I didn't expect Alexa's hair to do anything and I thought hers turned out great. Try it and let me know how it turns out. Or better yet blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She also tested it on my hair, and after applying the spray it was super easy to twist around a curling iron to make some really loose curls/waves. :) And I have stick straight hair. This stuff is great. Thanks for your version of the recipe Teisha!!!! I WILL be making me some of that

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!