Thursday, March 1, 2012

Words Of Wisdom

I stumbled across this article as I was doing my usual morning routine of 1)coffee 2)check email 3)browse msn for eleventy seven minutes, and I just had to share it with you guys.  Because I love you and I love what this article had to say to us Moms of the universe.

I'm not usually or ever an advocate for reading the mom articles or listening to the mom 'experts' on the boob tube because, quite frankly, they suck at life and if anything they tend to make us feel like even bigger failures than we already do because we aren't doing what's considered 'right' in their minds.  That's a bunch of shit.

Here is the link for the whole article but since I know most of you are lazy assholes like me I picked out my favorite little blurbs to share with you.  They should also be your favorite little blurbs because I said so, and I'm always right.  Just ask Josh.

Trust your gut.

What do your mother, your best friend, your pediatrician, your boss, and the parenting-book author on the Today show have in common? None of them knows your child better than you. Their insights can be helpful, but no one else -- except maybe for Dad -- gets the nuances of your child's needs the way you do. A child's parents are the best people to make the final call about what's right for him. You're putting in the time, and every day you're learning more and more about what makes your child tick. So believe in yourself.
Look out for #1.

Being selfish can be good. By putting "me" time on the priority list -- whether it's through exercising or spending hours painting -- you'll help your kids see you as a whole person. They'll learn how important it is to take care of themselves, too. It also shields them from the pressure of being everything to you. So ditch your guilt and line up some support so you can pursue some of your own interests and ambitions. You'll feel more energetic, you'll be more fun to be around, and you'll love being a mom even more.

And, my absolute favorite line of the whole article is what I've been trying to tell you guys all along....

Rather than trying to live up to your own -- or anyone else's -- idea of what a "good mom" is, embrace the mom you are. She's even better!

Preach on.

Also, Xanax would probably help me be a happier more relaxed and zen Mom.

Jus' sayin'

2 comments:

  1. LOVE. Thank you.... I'm saving this and reading it when I need it.

    ReplyDelete

Love you long time!