A weird thing happened over the weekend: I became a mom to a FIVE year old.
Five. years. old.
::sigh::
I rarely get sentimental about things except for maybe when somebody erases a show before I've watched it or if I witness somebody being mean to a puppy or something.
But this weekend was really hard for me. I have to say it was the first birthday where I was all 'super sads, she is just growing up so fast and already in school and has become a little person who I thoroughly enjoy being around and is funny and loving and, where has the time gone?' I said "I can't believe I have a five year old" exactly 1,256 times that day.
We celebrated her birthday with family surrounding us and lots of love filling the air.
Aunt Jessica and fam won the Best! Present! Ever! award with her write/illustrate your own Princess book and chocolate. I'm surprised Alexa's eyeballs didn't pop out of her skull she was so damn excited.
And again with the eyeball popping.
She was excited.
Moving on.
So up to this point we've managed to live through presents, pizza, cake, and wrestling with the toys to actually get them out of the box and operable. Now on to the bonfire.
A cool fall night in Iowa means there must be a redneck fire in an old tractor rim or something and s'mores and beer.
And nervous twitches from the marshmellowy mess.
Avery couldn't even eat hers she was so worried about the stickiness of the whole deal. This may, or may not be, because of my tendency to freak out if food gets on something it's not supposed to, HOLY CRAP DON'T TOUCH YOUR HAIR YOU HAVE A SMIDGE OF PIZZA SAUCE ON YOUR HAND. Shut up, Josh.
Then we put the kids to bed and the adults stayed up talking about whether or not our two new kitties were male or female (turns out they're male...and named Ariel and Petals, whoops) and some other super important stuff.
According to Alexa the day was AWESOME so I'd chalk that up to a successful birthday party fit for a Princess.
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
Aw...happy birthday to Princess Alexa! And, yes, it ALL goes by too damn fast!! My 'baby' is going to be *gasp* 18 in about a month. WTF?!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you little one :) She will always be your little one. And damn, I wish I was that excited about anything!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog! Omg...I've read quite a few posts and you are hilarious! Can't wait to keep reading!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read the story she writes...I hope it involves 1528 stairs that lead her away from the dragon and into the sky to hang out with aliens!
ReplyDeleteI wish you could "like" comments on this....
ReplyDeleteThis is me liking your comment Jess :)
Mine's about to be 6. I don't know how this happened.
ReplyDelete