I've shared my distaste for Nick Jr. shows before.
Seriously, one of the requirements for being a writer for one of these shows has got to be 'may or not be a total creeper and is 34% stupid'. Also: 'must have a degree in imagination aka smokes a lot of weeeeeeeeeed.'
Summer time has brought a brief respite from these wacked out shows because obviously, summertiiiiiime and the feelings right and Alexa hasn't demanded them to be on all. the. time.
The other day, Alexa was nice enough to introduce Nick Jr. to Avery.
Thanks for that Alexa.
Thanks. a. lot.
Avery loves it. Like, hands me the 'mote after bath time and and says 'Mom Mom Mom! MOM! MAAAAAHHHHHHM!' Translation: Please turn the TV on for me Mom. Thank you.
Insert giant sigh and eyeroll and instant need for vodka.
So, anyways. Bubble Guppies.
Stupid stupid stupdistupdisamsd,fmzxvn alwueryoawiurheawsdf/1i8!!!
This particular episode was teaching about paper and recycling and wood and all that jazz.
Great, right?
The assholes also featured a windstorm. UNDERFUCKINGWATER.
And squirrels in trees hiding their nuts and shit.
UNDERFUCKINGWATER.
Also, birds building nests, and then a lot of really bad singing and dancing with mermaid tails and, holy shit I think my brain is going to explode.
I mentally jumped through the TV screen and punched that stupid Bubble Guppie in the GD face and stupid mermaid tail several times.
I even mentally punched the bunny that lived in the tree trunk.
YOU'RE UNDER WATER YOU STUPID BUNNY!
PLEASE STOP SINGING ABOUT LUNCH TIME, MAC AND 'TREES' IS NOT FUNNY.
Whew, I feel better.
The vodka probably helped.
I am now unable to say the words "fruit salad" without following them with "yummy, yummy". This is because of the GD, MFing Wiggles. That's the long way to say I feel your pain.
ReplyDelete